Mental Health at Work is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with a mission to remove the stigma around mental health within the workplace. We deliver focused and bespoke learning and development solutions to organisations to improve mental health within workplaces. In the last 12months alone we have reached almost 3,000 people within 44 organisations, across a range of industries.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join our team and help us further grow our business. This is an exciting opportunity in an expanding social enterprise which will have a significant impact on attitudes and behaviour around mental health in organisations across all industry sectors.
As a BDM you will join our existing Business Development team with responsibility for delivering against our strategy by targeting and approaching new and existing prospects in the corporate workspace and converting them to clients of Mental Health at Work. Clients may be interested in a range of services which will include bespoke mental health programmes led by facilitated training, advisory and other support services.
To be successful in the role you will need to have all the qualities of an effective sales person – persistence, persuasiveness, resilience, self-motivation and desire for tangible success as well as possessing the gravitas, professionalism and polish to instantly gain credibility with senior individuals within large, blue-chip organisations.
You will need to align to our mission, and be authentic in your approach.
This role is currently home based, with some travel to meet clients, mainly, but not exclusively around the London area. We will be happy to consider applicants looking for part-time opportunities and/or flexible working arrangements.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Direct experience of business development / sales in a B2B context, ideally in a corporate environment
- Demeanour which projects authority and professionalism. The right candidate will be eloquent, confident and business-like.
- Ability to develop and maintain a pipeline of relevant contacts
- Willingness to make cold calls to prospect clients
- Ability to generate meetings for Directors of Mental Health at Work
- Experience in developing bespoke and compelling proposals for prospects and clients, which will drive business
- Competence in using Powerpoint, Word and Excel for business purposes
- Ability to maintain prospect and client information on Sales Force
- Commitment to working as part of a small committed team, within a social enterprise
- Self-motivated, tenacious, ability to work manage competing priorities and work to timeframes required
- Ability to maintain focus on driving business forward to deliver a mission to remove the stigma around mental health in workplaces.
- A strong interest in bringing effective and lasting change in the way mental health is managed within organisations.
Salary – £28k to £30k FTE plus sales bonus
Location – Home based
Flexibility – 3 days a week minimum – lots of flexibility on hours and working patterns
To find out more please email a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com